As a prospective resident, you will be treated with honesty and integrity throughout the application process. Your personal information will be treated with confidentiality and the security you deserve. It typically takes 1 business day to process an application once we receive all of the necessary documents and payment.
Please come into our office to apply for all properties.
Thank you for your interest in our properties and we look forward to working with you! If you have any specific questions about our application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-388-4000.
- Each person (18 years of age or older) that is planning to occupy the property.
- If there is a co-signer that will not be occupying the residence, they will need to submit an application and provide all necessary required documents. The co-signer will also sign the lease.
- Please contact Town & Country for the application fee costs.
- The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All application fields filled in completely, including all adult applicant signatures.
- The applicable application fee(s) are paid when the Property Manager contacts the applicant.
- Please bring a Government issue photo ID, Social Security card and the most current pay stubs that include two pay periods for all applicants.
An application cannot be processed until application fee(s) are paid.
- When a Rental Application is received the Property Manager will run the applicant’s information which pulls a credit report from Experian, providing a SafeRent Score, checks the Multi-state Sex Offender registry and a criminal report check. When the report is complete the Property manager will then:
* Review report(s) for all applicants
* Income will be verified for all applicants
* Current Landlord will be contacted
* Verification of your rental history will be performed.
If applicant(s) are accepted the Property Manager will contact an applicant, via phone, and verify the security deposit amount to be paid.
- Once contacted, the applicant(s) will:
Pay the security deposit within 48 business hours in the form of a personal check or certified check. Cash is NOT ACCEPTED. Applicant(s) are required to bring social security card/driver license and pay stubs along with the security deposit.
*After 72 business hours the Security Deposit IS NON-REFUNDABLE. A home can be held for 14 days from approval at which time a rent payment will be due.
If applicant(s) are denied, the Property Manger will contact the applicant via phone and provided reason the application was denied. Applicant is also provided with a number to call for their credit and criminal report information.
- When the security deposit is paid, all applicants will sign the Rental Lease Agreement, and any other rental documentation as required.
- After the Rental Lease Agreement is signed, a copy will be provided to all adult applicants.
- Town & Country will provide the applicant(s) with a Utility Transfer form to have all utilities transferred into the applicant(s) name. (The transfer of utilities will be completed by the applicant(s).)
*CPW is located at 121 court Ave W., Greenwood, SC. 29646. The applicant(s) will need to have a copy of the signed lease and a CPW employee will sign and date the form.
*Duke Power just call them at 1-800-777-9898, chose Option #3, provide the information requested and write in the confirmation number at the bottom of form.
- Bring the completed Utility Transfer Form back to the Town & Country office.
- Pay the pro-rated and/or full month of rent for your new home and Town & Country will hand you the keys.